FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GB AIRWAYS: love or loathe?
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:37 pm
Bukhara

Add some small changes to the mainline MAA schedules. Shocking...

I can only agree with you, Smashmouth. You can immeidately predict how a conversation will span when it begins with the immortal words "I've just received an email from you...." Occasionally, it's about a change to an AA flight (usually only a couple of minutes) but, 95% of the time, it's an unfortunate punter booked on a GB flight. And you're right, GB's shenanigans are wrecking customer trust in BA. Who needs wildcat strikes when you have GB Airways schedule planners?

On the occasions that I have booked H*tl*n* tickets for the family to Crete and Marrakech, I have only done so on the basis that they are fully prepared for a 24hr schedule change. The family left for Crete as they expected, but arrived back in LGW some 10 hours later than when originally booked. The northern contingent of the family had their handy direct flights from MAN to Marrakech routed via LHR instead. A 100% failure rate. Not the end of world, I accept. But to have it happen with such regularity is mind boggling.

Now that EZY are sending their planes to Morocco, it will be interesting to see GB's reaction. They are usually not too keen on a fight as shown by their farces in VLC, OPO and MJV.

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Surely mainline must have made schedule changes in the same period - the Kangaroo flights seem to jump around a bit? GB's changes don't look great though.
I am not aware of any other scheduled airline in existence that makes as many changes as GB. Any minor adjustments to Oz are miniscule compared to the total re-adjustments that GB will make.

GB Airways are universally despised by those people who have to service their bookings, and this is only heightened when IB also cancel VLC - only to offer pax a reasonable re-route option via Barcelona, FREE OF CHARGE!!!! GB will not let you re-route unless you pay the extra spondulicks!