FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:54 pm
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
If your flight from MIA is on time and if you have a jetway instead of a remote stand, there should not be a problem. Otherwise, it is a bit tight, but as you mentioned, there are plenty of flights to AMS. If you miss your connection, you are usually automatically rebooked on the following flight or you may have to ask at the transfer desk.

Regarding your checked baggage, you will clear customs at your final EU destination, but your carry-on may be inspected upon arrival in CDG (never happened to me ).

Once you have cleared immigration and left the baggage retrieval area in 2C, go towards the TGV station (5mn) over moving walkways, cross over to the other side of the building (1mn) and then turn right towards 2F over another set of moving walkways, to the security check at the entrance to the 2F1 (Schengen area, including AMS - 5mn). After security check, you need at most an additional 5mn to reach any gate in 2F1.

Enjoy your flights .

Originally Posted by FlaCourt
Hi there...

I will be flying next week on AF 95 from MIA to CDG, arriving at 8:05 a.m. (in 2C) and then connecting to KL 1228 which departs at 9:00 a.m. (from 2F). Do you all think I will have enough time? If not, it looks like there are plenty of AF/KL flights through the morning - how easy is it to rebook on those if necessary? I presume I do not have to clear customs (right?). Any thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.