FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airlines cramming more seats into Boeing's Dreamliner
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:19 am
Flaflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Steerageliner Stratoliner

Originally Posted by MisterNice
Maybe they can make the newly named B787 NightmareLiner(tm) a single aisle aircraft with 5 and 5 seating. Then think of all the $$$ they will coin.
^ LOL

In high school I took some cross country trips on chartered Trailways busses. Oh did I date myself? The overhead luggage racks were large enough for us to climb in, stretch out and actually get some sleep. There was a steady rotation up into the racks.

ALL they have to do is ban all carry on luggage, redo the overheads into berths, and sell 40 more seats- - err- -passenger storage spaces- - per plane. Think of the revenue.

Put a vacuum Bladder Emptying Tube at every seat, and cut trips to the lav 90%. Then install seat belts on the floor and sell those Steerage Class seats. At lest 10 to 20 more bodies tied to the floor. Think of the revenue. Of course, no more drink carts down the aisle possible, but heck, they're eliminating all of that anyway and now they have an excuse.

For Super Standby, those last minute $50 seats will be popular in the "We'll turn the heat on in the cargo hold just for you" cages. Pax will have to be locked in unused dog cages, to cut down the temptation to do a little "duty free" browsing in the luggage "Unlocked per TSA Orders." Think of the revenue.

Do like the cruise ships, and be exempt from those pesky FAA evacuation regs by registering in Liberia or Thirdworldistan. Or buy a few congressmen and get a loophole law passed for Part Ultimate Deregulation airlines. Think of the tax savings.

I bet we can cram 60 to 100 more people in a 787 NightmareLiner(tm). Over 200 more if we use a little phenobarbitol and stack the unconscious pax like cordwood, held down by a cargo net. After all, pax are not customers, they are "breathing cargo commodity units" to the corporate bean counters that run the world.

Think of the revenue!