FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Getting Walked (or denied a room) - Experiences & Questions" thread
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:50 pm
BamaVol
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by MJDORD1K
Curious as to other FTer's experiences. I arrived at the HHV last Thursday and was told, rather unceremoniously, there was no room in the inn (Village?) and I would be staying at the Sheraton Waikiki for the night. While the room at the Sheraton was comped, I feel that the HHV owes me something more. Marriott has a policy to not walk Platinums (or compensate them appropriately)...why doesn't Hilton??? Thoughts...
Did you arrive late? Was there some reason they wouldn't be expecting you? It may not be a policy, but I'm thinking most properties would seek to avoid doing this whereever possible. If the only other choice is evicting another registered guest, I can see it.

For the record, it's never happened to me. I'm not sure how I would feel if it did. Not happy, I'm certain.

Edited to say: Actually I was walked, pre-status, in the summer of 1987, from an Embassy Suites in CSP to a Drury Inn (this after being bumped by UA in Denver - sort of a domino effect). A colleague and I arrived very late, after midnight, to be told there were no more rooms. We were given a free room at the Dreary Inn (no personal benefit since it was a company paid business trip) that was pretty cold and spartan, hardly comparable to the ES. I should have been angry, but since I was still flush with the $75 cash from UA that we negotiated back in DEN, I was merely disappointed.

Last edited by BamaVol; Feb 22, 2006 at 6:59 am