FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hacienda Hotels in Yucatan Mexico **Left Marriott** [Master Thread]
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:17 pm
latinrusso

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by MarkRichmond
My wife and I are thinking about doing a week or more in Mexico and were thinking about visiting 1 or 2 of these properties. We love hiking and checking out archeological sites. When would be the best time to visit? Also, are there any towns around these properties that would be fun to check out?
Hi, in December my partner and I visited Hacienda Uayamon and Santa Rosa. Loved both. Hacienda Uayamon is about 35 mins from the city of Campeche -- very interesting place to visit. 35 mins the other direction is ancient city of Edzna -- an amazing cite. We've visited Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Tulum... and many places in betwee and this was still quite a spectacle -- very few tourists and increadibly well preserved ruins or an entire city.
Santa Rosa seemed a bit more intimate, we were the only guests there!!! huge plus, but not much to see around.
Hacienda Temozon, while the largest of the hacienda's and from what we've heard has the mos "impersonal" service, is very close to many of the archeological cites and the city of Merida.
Let me know if you'd like any more details, as we go to the Yucatan peninsula at least twice a year.