FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B6 and CO better than AA, UA during storms
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:30 am
AAFA

Originally Posted by ilovetofly
Thanks for the article. I just had the personal experience over the storm weekend.

I was flying back to NYC. All flights were canceled on United or AA first right when I was checking-in in the morning. DL, NW, CO and JetBlue didn't cancel all of the flights until later. Finally, got on the CO flight to Newark at 3 am while all other flights to NY area were canceled. The flight was eventually diverted to ORD. Later it was cancelled and all passengers were given meal and hotel vochers. I have never flown CO and was very impressed how the entire situation was handled.

Honestly, I can't imagine AA doing it.
So, the whole point of this thread is that some of you guys are mad AA didn't choose to "try" to get you into a bad weather situation in order to divert and order you pizza and/or a hotel room in a city you didn't want to be in?

Let's look at it another way: the bulk of Jet Blue and Continental's flying is out of JFK and EWR. If they don't attempt to get in and out of there than there goes 90% of their money. Don't think they were trying to make it there to get the passengers in on time.