FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few basic AA service questions
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:59 am
BAW845_Matt

A few basic AA service questions

Hi guys,

I'm flying out to SFO this summer on BA for a few weeks and I'm hoping to fit in a couple of days in LAX and LAS while I'm out there. I'm not too fussed about which airline I go with for such a short trip, but seeming as AA fly SFO - LAX - LAS for a decent price I may as well get some BA miles to boot.

I've got a few questions about the service on board though, I've not flown AA before and I can't seem to get any definitive answers to these:

1) The SFO - LAX sector seems to be mainline AA. I've checked the seat pitches on SeatGuru so I'm happy with those. But what is the difference in on-board service between Y & F? Does F even get a meal or is it just something like nuts? Does Y get anything above drinks at all?

2) If I was on an F ticket, what lounges would I get access too? I have no OW status (BA Blue). What are the lounges like in terms of food & drink?

3) The LAX - LAS sector is operated by American Eagle. They seem to be all-economy. What food/drink service is available there? If I had F class between LAX - SFO and economy on LAS - LAX, would I still get lounge access at LAS?

4) What exactly is a YUP fare? I know they're cheap ways of upgrading Y->F but how much do they cost?

5) How easy is it to get decent seats? I see that AA have some form of OLCI/SSCI system, but does it work?

6) I want to do SFO - LAX (1 night) - LAS (1 night) - LAX - SFO. What is transitting like at LAX, and how long should I realistically give to connect?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!