FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta's Sky High Fares
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:34 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by happydad100
Is this true of other markets? I know they need to raise revenue, but this is ridiculous. Delta needs to have its cost structure in-line so they can match the competition. I’m fine paying a 10% premium to fly Delta over the competition. I guess if they reduce capacity they can find a few people to pay these high fares. I’d like Delta to survive, but not this way. Please, Delta, bring your fares back in-line so I can afford to fly you!

Happydad
I have been watching fares between RDU-LAX for a weekend in April. Delta wants $460 for anything that is close to the times I would like. AA, WN, CO and NW are all in the $250-$320 range for the same time windows. I find it hard to justify a $140-$210 difference just to fly Delta. If they are getting people to pay the fares, then keep doing it, but in such a price sensitive market, I don't see how they are being competitive. Unfortunately, all my flying comes out of my pocket, so if Delta's fares don't come back in line with the rest of them, I may have to start being loyal to my wallet.