FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Josun Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]
Old Feb 15, 2006, 5:10 pm
bigjim

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Working on a full trip report which will be posted in the appropriate forum on Flyertalk, but in the meantime, I'm posting my experience with this Starwood property.

We go to check-in and we were using one of my partner’s free nights (he’s Gold). They said that they had upgraded us to a preferred guest floor and gave us access to the lounge. Although, they were very confused about the two of us and one bed – I’m sure that we all broke some laws in Korea that night. We go upstairs and have a wonderful room that overlooks the front of the hotel. This hotel room reminded me a lot of the rooms at the Westin in Sydney,Australia – lots of light colored wood – beautiful. By the way, there were still Christmas lights everywhere in Korea and I’ve never seen such spectacular displays in all of my life. The room was well stocked with Aveda bath products. The mini bar was spectacular but one of the most expensive I’ve ever seen. We went to the lounge – it was still open but they were no longer serving drinks or food.

We popped open the bottle of wine (there was also a bowl of fruit and some complimentary waters for us in the room). We discovered that the hotel had a wonderful in-house communication system – you could order room service from the computer, send messages, etc. etc.

I convinced my partner to go with me to the club room for breakfast (he’s not much of a breakfast person) – We had one of the best breakfasts that we’ve had in our lives. They had a full American breakfast buffet. Even the eggs were great – they had cooked what looked to be a 40-egg omelet and then you could chop off what you wanted. This resulted in eggs that were done but still moist on the inside. In addition, there were tons of exotic fruits – and Korean delicacies, including steamed dumplings – soups. They had an automated espresso, caffe latte machine that I wanted to take home. We both ate until we were miserable.