FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring from BART to Amtrak in Richmond....
Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:58 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Just curious why you are making this a convoluted trip, vs. taking a Santa Rosa airporter bus (such as Sonoma Co. Airport Express)? Or seeing if you can take BART to SF and then see if Golden Gate Transit will let you bring luggage aboard?
Excellent question

The SR Airporter is about $30. The Amtrak and BART fare is ~$18. More importantly for FlyerTalker-inspiried-mileage-obsessed-purposes , Amtrak Guest Rewards has announced the possibility of forfeiting points if you don't actually take an Amtrak train ride once a year. Since I'm not too far from another 5K Amtrak ---> HHonors transfer, I didn't want to risk it. (Not mention the 150 AS miles you can get for any ride on one of the Amtrak Capitols. Woo!)

Thanks to all for all your help. Sounds like Richmond is indeed an easy option (even with three separate BART trains) and I won't be venturing out of the station.