FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:48 am
yyzDJ

Programs: AC *SE, UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A few things I can add -- I stay at this hotel most weeks:

1. The RC is closed until some time in March (or later). But the news isn't all bad! In the meantime, they give you free breakfast coupons to use at the Mosaic Bar & Grille. The good news here is that it's not for a continental breakfast, but a full-out, a la carte, whatever you want off the menu. I presume this is only offered to Diamond members. I agree with others, however, that this hotel does have excellent RC staff, and their absence is felt.

2. The hotel currently has about 50% of its rooms open, as the others are being remodeled. I spoke to the GM and he predicts that the first of the new rooms will open sometime in March. I did not hear specifically about the RC, so not exactly sure on when it will reopen. I did have a preview of the new rooms, and I think you'll be very pleased when you come for a stay later this year.

3. I typically rent from Avis, and there is a rental location tucked behind the Hotel Vancouver on Howe St. The Hotel Vancouver is kitty corner to the Hyatt, so it's very easy to get to.