FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USAir canceled my flight, hotel still charging me for tonight
Old Feb 12, 2006, 1:46 pm
craz
Suspended

A friend was suppose to fly into EWR this morn and connect onto PEK. Well when I gave him the good news on Fri, he called CO and they switched him to a Sat night flight on NWA instaed. Well that got cancelled so NWA put him onto their 1st flight this morn, which also got cancelled last night.

When he was booked onto last nights NWA flight he called and made a Res for The Four Pts at EWR, it was a Non-Refundable res. Well once NWA cacelled his flight he called and the Hotel Had NO Problems Refunding him his $$ as there was no way for him to get in. Dont know if the room went unsold as many flights were cancelled all day yesterday out of EWR. But last night at 9pm SPG.com still showed Availability.

Kudos to The Hotel for doing what is proper , Releasing someone who had no control over their flight and no-way to get into EWR.

If SPG cant do anything, Call the Hotel, most times teh Mgr will release the res without any penalty.

Last edited by ldsant; Feb 12, 2006 at 3:58 pm Reason: portion off-topic