FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Bathrobe Saga
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2006, 1:14 am
TravelLover

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
My Bathrobe Saga

I reserved a room at the Hilton Waikoloa Village for five nights with the H6 (Mahalo) rate. Last year this rate was worth 10,000 bonus Hilton Honors points plus a bathrobe; this year the bathrobe disappeared off the rate.

However, the bathrobe reappeared according to the rate on the Hilton website and is still there as of now while I'm writing this:

A Thank You Is Worth 10,000 HHonors Bonus Points

Between now and December 31, 2006, stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village, and earn 10,000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points with the Mahalo (thank you) promotion. You'll also receive a complimentary spa-styled bathrobe.

Those guests booking a stay between June 22 and June 25, 2006, can participate in Dolphin Days! This annual festival of charity events inspired by the playful dolphins at Hilton Waikoloa Village features a charity golf tournament, Aloha Friday Luau, silent auctions, dolphin program at the Dolphin Quest** Learning Lagoon, and the Great Waikoloa Food, Wine, & Music Festival. Find out more at the Dolphin Days' official website.

Rates start from US 219* for a Garden View room or higher category. Request Plan Code H6

Special Offer Dates: From now until December 31, 2006

*Offer is exclusive for HHonors members and valid until 12/31/06. Minimum 4 night stay. Subject to availability. Rates do not include taxes, gratuities or other incidental charges. Offer excludes suites. May not be combined with any other offer or discounts. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points and Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2006 Hilton HHonors Worldwide.

**Independently owned & operated.
On Thursday evening when I arrived the front desk clerk gave me a coupon that I was supposed to take to the Hilton Grand Vacations Center Desk welcome center to pick up my bathrobe. (Of course this is a way to get people into the HGVC office). When I went in on Friday morning the person at the desk told me that she thought the promotion ended at the end of 2005 and that all of the bathrobes had been given away. She then got on the phone and started making calls, first to her manager, then to the hotel's assistent manager, and then to ???

After a while she told me that she made a copy of the coupon for me and told me that she would make sure I got my bathrobe because she knew where there a few left over. I'm supposed to pick it up from her tomorrow (Saturday). She also suggested that if for some reason she can't get one for me then I should call the Diamond desk to complain.

Anyway, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who made reservations using this rate, and unless Hilton straightens out the situation really quickly they're going to have a mess on their hands.

Stay tuned, I'll post whether I get my bathrobe tomorrow; according to the coupon it's a $78 value. Also I hope I get my 10k Honors points!