FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2006, 8:58 pm
Q Shoe Guy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oontiveros
If you ever have problems at places like Scusa, call the chef in and complain. Don't see why you were silent on an $800 bill. They will take care of it. I always have good food there and I am sure to ask for the chef to complement him/her or whatever.

Actually the manager and chef were friends of one of people at our table, I felt sorry for the hostess of the party as they were embarrassed........the Italian chef did apologise and comped us a homemade lemon schnapps.....not sufficient IMO.

I live in Kemang and I do know to land inbetween rush hour and not on friday evenings. I make the drive in 45 min. I also clear immigration and customs in 25 min or less.
Didn't land on a Friday came on a Thursday at 6:00 PM, did not get out of Immigration until 7:15 ! Was met by the family driver and got to Kemang at 9:15 PM!

In NRT though, if I land behind a mainland China flight or whatever, I know that door of plane to door of hotel could take 3 to 4 hours. I really dislike flying into NRT and going into Tokyo. Though I love Tokyo.

I don't live in Tokyo and stay away from NRT as much as possible by using KIX or NGO to transfer through......Your comment of comparing the traffic in Tokyo to that of Djakarta is apples/oranges......at least in Tokyo you can use the train/subway as a viable option!
I wish they had a train/subway/lrt in CGK.......good public transportation would cure many problems with the city' transportation gridlock!

Food, well, generally Jakarta isn't known as a culinary centre but you know, we live here and we make the best of it.

So are you saying there is nothing else as an option?