FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:07 am
toomanywords

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by thierry
Location? Give me a break...the Micro centro in Buenos Aires is not particularly highly regarded by both Porteņos and upmarkets tourists. Is it because Florida street is a one block away? The shopping there is rather low quality and the restaurants are much better anywhere else
I haven't stayed at the other properties, though I'm sure from the descriptions of them I've seen that they are, indeed, nicer than the Libertador. But they're also more expensive, either in dollars, pesos or points.

As for location, no, I didn't like it because of the shopping, I liked it because it was convenient to just about everything. There were buses just outside, subway nearby, it was easy to get a cab to other neighborhoods or to walk. For what the Libertador is, i.e., a relatively cheap hotel, it was better than I expected. I'd stay there again, unless I win the lottery, in which case I'm going to the Park Tower.