FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Libertador, Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:46 am
thierry

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I have stayed at all three properties myself and there is no comparison
The Libertador is definitely not up to international standarts and although my opinion is subjective, like every one else`s, I am highly qualified to compare since I stay in hotels for a living, with more than 200 nights a year all over the world.
Location? Give me a break...the Micro centro in Buenos Aires is not particularly highly regarded by both Porteņos and upmarkets tourists. Is it because Florida street is a one block away? The shopping there is rather low quality and the restaurants are much better anywhere else
The areas to be in BUE are Puerto Madero where the Hilton is, Recoletta or Palermo where the new Park Hyatt is soon opening
As far as the Libertador is concerned I stand by my judgement, filthy carpets, poor plumbing etc etc... and my upgrade was a pseudo suite consisting of two adjoining rooms quite unpractical as a matter of fact
If one calls that a beautiful room...I guess everything is relative and one can only compare with past experiences!
I definitely would NOT recommend that hotel to any of my friends or clients before major warnings