FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shared drink counter on 747 in C (pilot\copilot?)
Old Feb 6, 2006, 8:13 pm
Dromomaniac

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Wow, a surprising amount of misinformation in this thread, from people who should know better.

747 C Lower Deck goes:

AB CDF GH
D&F share the center console, which includes the drink space, along with PTVs.

777 C goes:

AB DEF HJ
E&F share the center console.

As noted in previous threads, for solo travelers, this normally means you'll want to choose the left side of the center aisle, while couples might want to pick the center and right side.

On the other hand, it has also been noted that since the two right side seats share PTV space, this often creates a greater "barrier" than the space between C&D (or D&E on the 777). This, along with the general tendency to go to the left (disembarkation) side of the aircraft, means that a solo middle-seat traveler will often disrupt the right-side sitter less often, when getting out to go to the lav, etc.

My personal strategy is to usually pick the left side, so I'm not clinking glasses with a stranger, or sharing my space with their ipod or, um, their nuts.