View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 06, 12:17 pm
freeflyin

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jtkauai
We are quite behind in rain this year. I'd estimate that so far we have received less than 1/4 of last winter's amount. Therefore, we are due for a lot of rain, and IMHO it is likely to happen anytime from now until about May. Rain here comes in two forms: either passing showers or week (or multi-week) long torrential downpours. It is the latter that we are due for. We might typically get 2 to 4 weeks of that per season, and so far we have had only 1. I remember once in my house at Poipu (which is typically quite warm), I was held up for 2 weeks, and used the oven and fans together to try to stay warm.

Oh no-this is not good news-we will be visiting Kauai for the first time 2/13-2/21.Please,please let the downpours hold off!

Two questions please-we have rented a Jeep Wrangler-any reason we should not go with it?I will pick up from the hotel-we plan to use the hotel shuttle to and from the airport
Are there any stores we can walk to from the Marriott Kauai?We arrive on the 13th but plan to get the car the next day and I'd like to be able to walk somewhere and pick up drinks and snacks if possible.