FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita Int'l. Airport (NRT) Layover & Hotel Master Thread
Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:16 am
jib71

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
I may be routing through NRT on an Asian trip some. I was wondering if there are any capsulte hotels in/hear NRT that I could use. I think it would be cool to try, and nice to be able to lay horizontal for about eight hours or so before I go on.
AFAIK, there are no capsule hotels in the immediate area around Narita airport. (I suppose that space is not at such a premium and there aren't very many drunk office workers who missed their last train home in the area around the airport).

Also - AFAIK - capsule hotels tend not to be open to guests between 10am and 4pm. I believe that they use this time to clean the capsules.

If you are doing an overnight stop at NRT, and you are desperate to try a capsule hotel, then you could catch the Keisei train to Ueno or Chiba. I don't recommend it, but I guess it's a "cultural experience" of sorts.

If you are not going to stay overnight... then your best bet for getting some "horizontal time" during an 8 hour stopover would be the day rooms at Narita airport or one of the ordinary hotels near the airport.

Last edited by jib71; Jan 30, 2006 at 8:19 am