FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: The ugly truth about LUS ("West" 757) First Class service to Hawaii
Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:28 pm
CloudsBelow

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Definitely. I laughed out loud when I read that. The pilot announced on my flight that 50 passengers were being re-accommodated on that day alone. The check-in agent said that it had happened almost every day the flight had been running (a little over 2 weeks at that point). The agent also said that reservations had been trying to contact people in advance to reschedule them but that given varying weather conditions they never had much of a feel for what the situation would be on a given day.

I think the line they're drawing here is the number that are "involuntarily bumped," which means they could not or would not accept a re-routing, so their re-accommodation was "involuntary." Those who accept a re-routing when the airline calls them in advance, very likely presented as though they don't really have a choice in the matter given the situation, or at the ticket counter on the day of departure in exchange for some compensation would not be counted in that number. They probably don't even know how many people, in total, have been inconvenienced but clearly it is way more than 57.
F#%king spin doctors!
I really wish you'd write the paper and expose this "politician-type" bullsh!t. This double-talk is pathetic. You know how refreshing it is to hear an exec step up and say "We screwed up here, bigtime!" Bad move US! You should have got all the paperwork in place, cleaned up the old 757s, and started OGG, KOA, and HNL just prior to US Thanksgiving 2006!!!