FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canceled flight for medical reasons... refund?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:31 pm
Jakebeth

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by flymeAAway
I just had to inform my 5 year old that we are having to cancel a trip to Disneyworld for Thursday. My wife has developed recent symptoms that the doctor informed us will prevent her from flying or making the four day trip. Unfortunately, I did not opt for trip insurance and the Disney refund is another story. I am curious what others have experienced with AA when canceling flights for medical reasons. My search on AA.com revealed nothing other than the standard refund policy and the FT search was 3 years old. In today's environment- I suspect, even with a doctors note, the best I can hope for is $100 change fee x 3 for the Y tickets. They are DFW-MCO booked in S. Again, not looking for charity from AA but would like to minimize my losses. Anyone have a recent experience?
If you belong to the Admiral's Club, try calling your nearest location and asking them, as sweetly as possible, if there's anything they can do to help.