FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: The ugly truth about LUS ("West" 757) First Class service to Hawaii
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:45 am
Buffaloflyer

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Once you land in Hawaii it all you forget about the service...

Hey Everyone,

You all have very valid points about the lousy US F service to Hawaii. I dont blame you guys at all...however I must admit that Hawaii is maybe one of few destinations where you could ride in Y,the cargo hold,or be strapped to the wing with one of those awesome wafer-thin blue US blankets and an Oxygen mask and still forget about the experience once you land and settle into HNL.

In 2004 I somehow (very likely by the will of God) was able to book 2 Y award tix (wanted F but told it is impossible..do they not issure F awards to Hawaii?) to HNL on UA for my honeymoon on exactly the dates we needed..only a few months in advance.

As for the flying really crammed us into crappy seats, gave us pretty lousy service and repeatedly laughed in our faces when we asked for any special honeymoon favors (couldnt even get E+ as a US3). I was kinda frustrated with them and the travel experience but wow once we got there I COMPLETELY forgot about the airtravel!!!

As I said before your points are absolutely valid and US should shoot for a quality product...but I think they are banking on the fact that for most people Hawaii is such an awsome experience that they figure they can skimp on F completely and get away with it

Just my take...take care God Bless and happy frequent flying