FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Home again! Experience at airport
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2001, 8:12 am
NancyD

Flew IAD-ATL-DEN yesterday and it was mostly uneventful. Printed my new itinerary from the www, which is a very good idea. Lines were LOOOOOONG at ticket counter, about 300 people. the Mediallion line was only about 20 people, and it took me over 45 minutes to get through. Same 2 useless questions. Marshalls were stationed lots of places, and had to show my ID and BP to pass through security. Exact same process through scanners. Took computer, digital camera, phone and Palm through, same as usual, but wasn't even asked to change the face on my phone. Flight was 99% same as always... only difference in First was that I had a plastic knife instead of a metal one with breakfast. On second leg, had no knife... spread my butter on my roll with a spoon. Heard other travelers tell of random checks that were extreme like above... frisking, wanding, completely checking everything in a bag, etc. but saw none of it myself. GALD to be home and hug my family, but it won't ground me. I am ready to go again.