FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Home again! Experience at airport
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2001, 7:55 am
jabez

Home again! Experience at airport

Returned from SAT yesterday. I got to airport 2 1/2 hrs. before flight. No elie line, but a very long one to check baggage. Announcements said that everyone needed a boarding slip to get through security, so even thoughs without baggage to check was in line. After 1 1/2 hr. I got to agent and he told me that I was "selected" as one of the random people to have my bags examined. Another line.This process was very exact. Everything was examined. Presents would be unwrapped, every piece of clothing taken out and examined. Three Delta employees were doing this. I had 15 minutes to my flight when they finished. At the security line I was asked to take my computer out and turn it on.
I was the last one on the plane. They said that they were waiting for me.We left and arrived on time.(Had a 30 minute wait for gate in Atl.
Everyone was professional and polite. Two and a half hours may not be enough time for pre-flight arrival in many locations.I showed my ID a total of 4 times.
In Atl I saw a very active airport as crowded as ever.Everyone needed a ticket/boarding pass.