FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane Marriott, Australia [Master Thread]
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:54 am
SpeedRicer

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Just stayed here for four nights (on points) and found it to be a pleasant experience overall. I also stayed at the Conrad Treasury and the Hiton Brisbane, and while the Conrad had the best room, the service was best at the Marriott by far.

For example, the second night of my stay was my friend's birthday, and they allowed a modest paid upgrade to a suite for that one night, then let me bump back to my standard points room. And when a bunch of my friends wanted to come up to the room for a pre-birthday party, the front desk was accommodating. On my last night, they even let me do a late check-out at 3 pm, and brought a free rollaway for another friend who wanted to crash. ^

Both rooms were also clean and had the standard amenities, and the complimentary buffet breakfast (for when I was in the suite) was good. Overall, I'm now a fan of this hotel. ^