FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:55 am
gleff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Bran28
Gleff...I am using 200,000 miles for an OWB at the Nui.....What are your thoughts on the point usage? Thanks!
(1) If you're going to spend the points for the Nui, definitely spend the extra points for an OWB

(2) I can't criticize using points at the Nui, though some consider it poor return on a $/point basis, because I did it myself

(3) You may be interested in my trip report, How to Spend 670k Points on One Trip, Honeymoon trip report with photos (BOB/SYD)

(4) You might want to find out whether the airport transfer is still complimentary on awards and whether breakfast is still complimentary at the resort (it was when I was there, though they never told you this! also rumors that they were going to begin charging)

(5) Avoid meals at Iritai at the hotel, definitely make a booking for Villa Mahana on the main island

(6) Request a specific bungalow directly with the property, but don't worry if you don't get it. (My preference order would be 109, 108, 106, 105, 104.)

(7) Have a fabulous trip! There's no more beautiful place in the world. You'll have a great time!