FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymoon Award Travel Using Delta Air Lines SkyMiles: The Definitive Thread
Old Aug 9, 2001, 7:39 am
rcs85551

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
Does that mean that if I flew B/E JFK-LAX I would have to redeem an additional 40,000 miles? I know that you are usually allowed 1 stop-over on an award ticket. Would I have to redeem 165,000 miles per person or 125,000?</font>
Form the partner award information at delta.com:

Partner airline international Awards, where applicable, will include a connection from the continental U.S., Alaska, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean or Mexico on Delta/Delta Connection to/from the partner's nearest U.S., Canada or Mexico gateway.
On Awards involving free or upgraded Business Class travel, the applicable connecting Delta service is dependent on the interline agreement between Delta and the partner airline.

So, my guess is that you won't have to use another 40K miles. The only question though is whether the interline agreement with AF will put you into BizElite U.S. or back in Coach. Guess you should call SMS...