FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymoon Award Travel Using Delta Air Lines SkyMiles: The Definitive Thread
Old Aug 7, 2001, 8:15 am
TABinDC

I am getting married in just a few weeks and was at this very point about 9 months ago. Have hundreds of thousands of DL miles, getting married on the West Coast while living on the east coast, where or where to go for a honeymoon?

I couldn't agree more, a honeymoon seems to be a very personal preference and reflective of the individuals. We searched high and low, had reservations for lots of places but never ticketed them, and eventually decided on going to 3 Hawaiian islands for two weeks. I was able to get first class using the stopover portion for the wedding, so just had to get one ticket. We made this decision based on a postponement of an around-the-world trip we will be taking within a year (I hope!).

Hopefully some of the places we considered going to can be of help.

1. Bali, Indonesia on Singapore Air
2. Capetown, South Africa on South African Air
3. Tahiti on Air France
4. Great Barrier Reef on Korean Air

In your case, like mine, I would try to keep heading west, using the stopover for wedding and just heading straight home after the wonderful relaxing vacation it will be.