FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: The ugly truth about LUS ("West" 757) First Class service to Hawaii
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:55 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Thumbs down A few comments ...

Put yourself in the shoes of those who've saved their $$$ and found a week of vaca to get away from the stress of everydaylife and they get to the HP gate and told that 40 folks need to come off the plane. Not just today, but yesterday, the day before, and the 11 days before that. Chances are it'll also be tomorrow, the day after that, etc, etc.

I, for one, would be royally miffed. Even the best of rescheduling will likely add HOURS to my flight times and increase the chances of missed bags exponentially.

I will only say that I am truly disappointed to learn that the launching of this planned service is off to such an unacceptable start. The responsibility for logistical and operating issues lies squarely with PHX. On top of that, to learn that the on board services appear to, in no way, reflect the special destination that Hawaii is is additionally disappointing. UA manages to keep these routes special with Mai Tais, special Hawaiiana meals in F and some in Y and the famous guess the mid-point game. AA (at least until a few years ago) had special in flight outfits for the f/a's to wear for HI service that made things feel festive when the pax walked through the door of the a/c. None of these things adds significant cost to the flights and increases the pax's experience tenfold.

What a shame. What a shame.