FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Orchid Sheraton, Bangkok, Thailand 2003-2006 [Master Thread]
Old Jan 9, 2006, 5:37 pm
StarpointsSlave

Get a Towers Room at ROS

RTWSTARALLIANCE's description of the bathroom is exactly why I decided not to take any chances and reserved a Towers room (for only 500 points more per night over the regular award) when I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago.

My Towers room was completely renovated, including the bathroom, which was stylish -- and clean. Toiletries are Ashford & Hall -- not the best, but at least the same brand used by SGS.

I stayed at ROS over the busy Christmas season and did not receive a suite upgrade, so I found the room a bit cozy.

The Executive Lounge, which is quite attractive, was extremely crowded at breakfast, so as a Platinum I opted to take my complimentary breakfast in the main restaurant instead. This is the way to go, as the buffet is much more extensive in the restaurant (and offers a noodle soup bar), and one can dine on the riverside terrace, which is absolutely idyllic when the weather is pleasant.