FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Philippine Airlines LAX-MNL Business Class Review
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:26 pm
mjcewl1284

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by DFW1972
Wow, that is one of the first times I have heard someone say that. I have heard mostly good things about food on Eva and CI. What did you order that was so bad? I am ALWAYS glad I fly Eva or CI to Taiwan because I know the food will be better than what the US airlines are serving. Please give us more details to back up such harsh statements.
Well I'm pretty sure I was the exception out of more people on the same flight who got the same kind of subpar food. I was in their economy class from BKK-TPE. The food was some fried noodles and chicken breast with tofu. The fried noodles were half cold and the chicken breast was extremely dry. There was a sour smell from the tofu. There were others around me who complained about the preparation of the food, which was half-assed at best.

By nature, I'm picky about my food but I will deal on an airplane. But this was too much. As soon as I ingested the noodles and the whiff of the tofu came about me I said, "I'm going to be sick" in Mandarin. The lady sitting next to me was alerted and she lunged in front of her seat over her food, gave me her air sick bag, thankfully, so I didn't hit anyone in front of me with my bodily fluids.

The lady rang for service and told the flight attendants about my food and was like I think theirs something wrong with his food. The flight attendant removed my tray and was also alarmed at the smell. After a few minutes, the purser came to my row, apologized and asked if there was anything they could do. I was like no unless you have pepto bismol, which they didn't. He told me to come find him at the front after arrival so they could compensate me for the mess.

What was funny was I heard the purser berate the flight attendant, not that it was her fault or anything.

I've only heard bad news about EVA's food from my friends. I should've probably left that out, my apologies.

My 2 cents and quite unfortunate experience