FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Charity Poker Tournament at the Upcoming CO Event
Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:27 am
divrdrew

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Is there an attorney from TX that can confirm either way whether or not prizes are allowed?

Here's my feeling on the tournament. While prizes would be nice, that should not be the focus. Charity is the focus of this. Continental has been very gracious over the past year to the Flyertalk community by hosting these events. The tours this year are going to blow away what we had last year, as is the dinner event. And none of this costs any of us a penny (other than travel arrangements). Think of how much this weekend would cost on a per person basis just for the meals that CO is hosting for us. This tournament is a great way for us to give something back to a needy organization...plus, it's tax deductible!

Regarding the issue of checks, I have been asked by one person that is coming in from overseas about accepting cash. If you are coming in from overseas, there may be an issue with the charity being able to cash your check without incurring significant extra charges. Please PM me if this applies to you and we will work something out.