FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Acapulco Hotel Suggestions
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:09 pm
maltasr

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Hard to Beat Las Brisas

Originally Posted by AAJetMan
I stayed at Las Brisas a few years ago. It's quite a treat having a private pool on your patio overlooking the bay!

Now you won't exactly fatigue swimming lengths...it was a rather small pool. But it was quite relaxing. The freshly placed hibiscus in your pool is a nice touch.
You will receive a very nice fruit and bread basket each morning too.

The hotel is up in the hills, away from the city. It's a romantic setting.

Here's the best pricing I've ever seen for the hotel. Please note the different types of rooms.
http://www.differentworld.com/mexico...s/entrance.htm

Have stayed at Las Brisas seven times over 20 years. Have never been disappointed. It used to be a Westin Hotel but is now owned by a Mexico City corporation. If you want total privacy and relaxation, this is definitely the place. Only complaints I've heard from others is that there just isn't enough "action" within the hotel grounds and that it is a long way to reach the great discos, etc that Acapulco has to offer. Now that I'm retired and on a tighter budget, I like the Acapulco Sunscape near Condesa Beach. For $60 you have a great view, half block walk to the Costera Aleman, a great breakfast, and transportation from the airport. There's a nice pool and a private pool upstairs that I can usually access by simply asking. Have fun!