FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OH MY GOD! I think I ate cat meat kabob/satay in Shanghai, China! (disguised as lamb)
Old Jan 7, 2006, 4:55 pm
barefootflying
Suspended

OH MY GOD! I think I ate cat meat kabob/satay in Shanghai, China! (disguised as lamb)

OH MY GOD! I think I ate cat meat kabob/satay in Shanghai, China! (disguised as lamb)

I was in Shanghai about two months ago. A few business associates took me on a walking tour around the city. We stopped by a street vendor selling kabob-like meats on sticks. They were sort of like the satay that Singapore Airlines serve. I had several of them. Beef and lamb, as I was told.

Today I saw the news on MSNBC about vendors in China using stray cat meat disguised as lamb...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10737308/

One of the vendors look very similar to the one I ate from.
Oh my god, oh my god....

Should I go see my doctor on Monday and get myself examined? If so, what kind of diseases could I have gotten? The news mentioned something about parasites in cats... I have not felt any thing weird with my body in the last couple of month... but still... do I have reason to worry?

Again... OH MY GOD!!! I am about to barf out my dinner... Yes, I'm a cat lover and a cat owner...

Last edited by barefootflying; Jan 7, 2006 at 4:59 pm