FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 5, 2006, 7:29 pm
fanoftravel

My Recent Stay at the Fisherman's Wharf Hyatt

Well, I recently completed a stay at the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf. The hotel's location is fine though I prefer not to be in the tourist hustle and bustle of the Fisherman's Wharf area. Nevertheless, cabs are readily available, and the trams and trolleys are also close by.

The common areas of the hotel reminded me of an older Marriott. The restaurant was quite casual with a sports bar motif. Although we didn't eat dinner there, we did have breakfast using the AAA breakfast coupons. I had one of the tastiest hotel breakfasts I've had in quite some time. It included an egg scramble, bacon, aspargus, juice, coffee, etc. You could also choose the buffet, but I generally prefer to order a la carte.

The room was fine but definitely needed some updating. The carpet and most of the furniture probably hadn't been changed in quite a few years. The bed, however, was surprisingly comfortable and provided for a very nice night's sleep. The bathroom again needs some updating and seemed more like a bathroom one would find in a mid-tier Quality Hotel.

The front desk and restaurant staff were all very pleasant, and the price of $99 (which included a Hyatt gift card and breakfast for two) represented a great value, especially in San Francisco. All in all, this was a fine but rather unexceptional stay.