FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long wait for bags - just de riguer nowadays?
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:29 pm
eastwest

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Fly up to ANC and we'll take good care of you! In spite of our adverse weather and mega-cargo loads, we take pride in getting bags out quickly. To hear some people talk, AS is a "monopoly" here...but on the ground side of things we sure don't act like it! We have inbound bag runners meeting virtually every flight to help get customers bags quickly and the only cargo that we take care of before bags is human tissue/blood. Everything else waits...your bags come first.

The day before yesterday NW experienced a "sick-out" here in ANC and they were short rampers. We (including myself) picked up the slack and ran transfers from NW so that THEIR customers on THEIR tickets who were riding AS codeshares would have their bags at their final destinations. We couldn't get all of them...but we did our best and I'm proud of each and every bag that arrived because of our hard work. We weren't paid extra for it as an airline or as individuals but it was the right thing to do...so we did it.

Many AS employees go the extra mile when you outsource...you lose that.