FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The French Connection: A rational discussion on CDG
Old Jan 4, 06, 4:47 am
itsaboutthejourney
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
My 2cts

I think it all depends on the airline and terminal you arrive & land in, they are different, which causes inconsistency in experiences and advice.

After using such good Airports as Vancouver, Athens, Detroit, and yes, AMS, CDG is just not as well planned and organized.

-I don't think signage is as clear as it could be. Example: RoissyBus, the many different desks in the train station, deplaning options, etc.

-CDG (as with many Euro airports) uses a LOT of bussing out to planes, which Americans are not used to.

-www.aeroportsdeparis.fr is very limited in specifics, especially in English.

-Exiting from most flights (especially inter-Schanagen flites) dumps you directly outside security, limiting options to use lounges, stores, etc. Most Americans are used to exiting into the same terminal level as departures.

That said, CDG is no worse than LAX; both are a visual embarrasement to welcoming visitors from throughout the World.