FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Find / track AA / US registration / "tail" number, flights (consolidated)
Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:52 pm
bursa

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Originally Posted by Bill_Luv2Fly
I could be completely wrong about this, but if I remember correctly, for the fleet numbers 3=737, 4=MD80, 5=757. Like I said before, I don't know of a complete online database anymore that allows cross referencing between fleet numbers and tail numbers. I'd say your best bet is to google "3CE American 737", which refers you to a page that has both the fleet number and tail number (look at the cached page if it does not load). Such a technique may not always work, though.
thanks- seraching in that format works great & often yields airliners.net pics!
Usually if I have time I write down the registration # of the a/c just for kicks & keep it in an Excel log, but sometimes I can't see it or I'm in a rush (to clear immigration & catch a connection in 61 minutes, for example). Is there a BTS-equivalent website for aircraft registration numbers for international flights O/D US?
Well, even if there isn't, I'm a happy camper. There is a lot of (somewhat) useless knowledge here on FT!
PS: Next time, repeat steps listed above and then kiss the frame of the aircraft door or registration # plate when you walk in, especially if the lead F/A or pilot is watching. Mutter something about heavy metal love...