FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf [Master Thread]
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:29 pm
dayone
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I agree that this is a great "alternative" property. Canary Wharf is a nice diversion. I also took the train and had the same experience not finding the hotel right away but I got off at Canary Wharf on the Jubilee Line and wandered thru the mall.

I was given a suite without asking (it was confirmed a week ahead of time). It ended up being on one of the upper floors (5 or 6, I think) and the suite occupied an entire quarter of the hotel with sweeping views of both CW and the rail yards. I was high enough that the trains were seen but not heard. The level of service was top shelf. The Lounge is very modern and upscale. Breakfast was tasty and what one would expect. The Happy Hour and Desserts were above standard, however. I enjoyed a couple of complimentary beers each night. Sushi was served one evening and the sweets were presented with flair. The Lounge was kid-free and light on tourists during my stay. Mostly business people. Very nice health club.

If you've done CH and CC and you're looking for a change, you should consider West India Quay.