FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - We Had It Pretty Good at TWA...
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:41 pm
JGR01

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by socalterp
Great airline, great people. Flying on AA just isn't the same. Miss the free upgrades, miss all the non-stops from STL, miss the 757s into SNA, miss not being treated like a number, and miss the liquor mini's in F.
If you miss the free upgrades .. maybe you had best become EXP on AA then .. that is AA's top tier and we get complimentary domestic (Canada, Caribbean and Central America) upgrades. I'm assuming only top-tier TWA fliers got this too?!

AA still uses liquor minis in first .. just they pour them into the glasses normally! Some FAs will do a 'backup' for my second scotch .. with a mini.

I am sick and tired of the TWA 757s that American inherited. The seats (yes recovered) are horribly uncomfortable. I also think TWA bought the cheapest PA system and insulation on the MD 83s .. I can NEVER hear the FA/Pilots in-flight annoucements and the cabin wind noise (in my comp EXP upgraded seat) is FAR louder than the AA planes.

I cannot comment about the non-stops to any city from STL. I know AA has re-done the schedule (and closed one terminal) ... in some cases I would blame Jet Blue (Southwest) for the competition on some routes rather than AA.

The TWA Phoenix Bird will NOT rise from the ashes and re-hire all the former employees. Yea I agree the whole 'acquisition/merger' issue stank .. but then again .. so did the attitude of most of the STL staff. On the week before the 'reductions' in STL staff a couple years back .. I was on a STL-MSP flight (wow MD83 then) .. and the FA thanked us for flying TWA LLC a member of the American Airlines family. Vindictive and unhelpful until the very end.