FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:11 pm
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by bhd87
Hey, im planning an Asia trip for the summer of 06'. Im looking to book my room at the PH Tokyo, but I remember there used to be a list of the room types/descritptions they offer, but I can no longer find it. If anyone has one or is willing to share the various categories offered, thank you so much. On a side note, I have read alot that Diamonds are rarely upgraded. If one is upgraded, to what room is it usually?

Also, if i make a booking through American Express Plat. Travel, and they attach my Diamond #, will the hotel still recognize my status, etc?

Thanks soo much,
There is a very good description of the various room types at hyatt.com.

As you indicate you will be booking through the AMEX Plat travel, you should receive a one cat room upgrade, most likely from park king to park dlx king. the park rooms are small, the dlx are larger and imho much nicer.

you will recieve a diamond cont breakfast (in-room only) you will recieve no other benefits at this hotel based on your diamond status, but you will get the amex plat benefits.

you really should make sure that the amex rate is the same as the rate you can get from the hyatt webstite. in my past experience, the amex rate has always been substantially higher and the benefits you get a small compare to the price dif.

the ph tokyo is nice, but it is starting to show wear and tear and there are much nicer hotels in tokyo now for the same price.