FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Southwest is the Worst for the Business Traveler i.e. Egalitarianism Sucks!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 6:27 pm
KevAZ

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
I gave up flying WN back in 2000 due to a couple of "Groundhog Day" experiences with morbidly obese pax. Haven't bashed WN here (check using search) but have to agree with the OP, I don't see how anyone doing business could possibly use WN these days. Back in '98-'99 I flew them two legs every single day, all year long. I had 4-5 2 hr long line problems around the holidays, but it wasn't too bad. But over the past few years I can't but help notice the extremely long lines at WN curbside, tix counters, security.

My brother used to fly WN exclusively for personal trips (8-10/yr) but he gave up on them due to the long lines. He missed several flights out of SoCal going to DTW because WN wasn't pulling people out of the security line to expedite them for flights. He gets to the airport at least 2 hrs early, so it wasn't because he is a late runner.

He visited us in AZ at Christmas and he related several of these problem flights to me. I couldn't help but wonder how any business person could live with the huge lines that I see at WN wherever I go. Do you folks have an extra 4 hrs/day to burn? I sure couldn't blow my time standing in line behind a bunch of vacationers!