FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP Visa issuer over-zealous in fraud prevention?
Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:00 pm
ChgoBob

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by chuljin
Has anyone else found FirstUSA/Chase/BankOne (who issues my Mileage Plus Visa and yours) overzealous and underproactive in its fraud prevention?
Yes, they got me last month also, due to ordering several computer items on-line, which was the red flag. Once before, it was explained to me that the typical MO for the crooks is to try the card for some small items, then sock a large one. The latest scam is to buy gift cards/gift certificates with the stolen credit card, since those are almost untraceable. They denied my request for over $1k in restaurant certificates.

I just wish they would call me up and warn me! They have all of my phone numbers! It can be embarrassing, and there is ABSOLUTELY no reason for them to spring a trap on the actual credit card holder, is there? They sure know how to call and try to sell you more perks.

Personally, and I already explained this politely to them, I will not tolerate that embarrassment again. Their card will go in the garbage, unless I receive a call in advance that my account is being put on hold.

No other business would get away with that crap, and expect to keep you as a customer. Just my humble, but heated opinon.