FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poll About Gideon Bibles in Hotel Rooms
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:40 pm
dnotes

i find that some people don't bring the bible because it's projected on the screen. my church is like that. i think they seem to think that because the word of God is projected on the screen, it negates bringing the bible, totally far from that. instead i think they should bring their bible even more to write down stuff or even bookmark the pages.

the gideon's bible makes me think of the gideon story. and i think my dad used to give them out in the old days when he travelled.

Originally Posted by El Boocho
I don't think that is it at all. In my experience, it is more a function of logistics. I have never seen a situation where an extra bible or two isn't availableif someone needs it. However, when you are meeting in the basement of the Boys and Girls Club, there isn't exactly a rack on the back of the metal folding chair in front of you in which to store a few bibles and hymnals.

Any Christian church that "doesn't want the Bible in church at all," isn't really a Christian curch. A church without the word of God is simply a meeting of good samaritans.

Back OT. No, I don't bring the Gideon Bible with me, though I do read it on occassion in my room. Strangely, it always makes me miss my wife. I'm not sure what the connection is.

Welcome to FT.