FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Headache in St. Louis
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2001, 6:05 pm
davefr

I say get over it!! It's a normal part of travel.

If you read the T's and C's of the terms of carriage you'll find out that time is not a factor in your contract with the carrier. All they have to do is get you from point A to point B.

As long as they put you on the next "available" flight and gave you a hotel room than they did just about all they could with the exception of handing you a couple meal vouchers. DL hands them out like candy so I bet the agents simply forgot to give you a couple.

You can send a "whine" letter to DL and they'll probably send you a couple coupons for future travel discounts.

Getting stuck isn't much fun but it helps if you just flow with it.

Originally posted by coolbreeze:
OK,

1st: I was traveling on a coach ticket because 1st was full at the time of my booking.

2nd: They did get me to ATL early the next morning, around 2am or so. they did put me up in the hotel and i did get about 2 hours sleep on an empty stomach and a shower.

3rd: They did not feed me and all other flights were booked, supposedly. they did give me one of the overnight kits. They didn't offer anything else and they would not give me a dollar-off cert or any other type of compensation.

It was pure bedlam, a full plane load of passengers and only 2 or 3 gate agents to handle the problem.

Apparantly it was spring break weekend and there were no other flight options.

4th: I've been traveling for some time but there was no time or place for me to make a scene in st. louis. I didn't want to go to jail for airrage. I can understand the weather problems but, since it was a mechanical problem I figure they could help me out since they cost me thousands of dollars because I didn't get to my destination in time and missed my business.

I have status with other airlines but not with delta. only about 75,000 skimiles but no status.

With my limitted experience with delta, who should i contact and what should i do.......

Thanx,

Coolbreeze