FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compatability between MAC and Windows version of Quicken
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:37 pm
UScolorado1k

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Platinum, peon on the rest
Compatability between MAC and Windows version of Quicken

So, I finally took the leap and bought a Powerbook (loving it so far btw), however now I have a problem. I carry two laptops on business, one for work, one for personal, and now the personal one will be my powerbook. I use Quicken for my personal financial stuff and I see that there is a MAC version. My question is, does anyone have experience with moving quicken data files between the MAC and Windows version? I will use the Mac version when I'm on the road, but my home desktop is still windows, so I will need to be able to use the windows version there.

I know I could just migrate completely to the MAC version and use it at home as well, but I have multiple windows PCs at home, and only one MAC, and if my MAC crashes, I sure don't want to be hosed with regards to being able to use quicken.

anyway, any real life experience with migrating back and forth between the two platforms would be greatly appreciated!!