FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 17, 2005, 2:07 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Park Hyatt Chicago is an excellent hotel all things considered

The Park Hyatt Chicago has always been a class act in my experience.
I don't see how one could begin to even compare this property to that of the Sheraton in town or Embassy Suites near the water which IMO are more like that of fine 3 star properties.
If one wants to compare it to the Red Roof Inn that’s ok too I suppose
It’s all about freedom of speech and opinion.
When the Park Hyatt is affordable it is my personal brand of choice.

In any hotel there will simply be problems 2 or 5 star
It's simply not a defect free world out there in or out of the hospitality world.
At a handful of my favorite brand hotels there have been some issues with elite recognition or service failures over the years.
Usually a simple communication to the right parties always sets the pace for a highly satisfactory resolution.
How they choose to deal with those concerns is what sets the winners from the losers out there in my book.
Hyatt and especially the Park Hyatt brand is pretty brilliant in that arena
The culture of keep the guest satisfied appears to be alive and well

I return to the Park Hyatt in 06 and will certainly see if they have kept up to my prior visit and experiences.But the lions share of various channels seem to indicate things are going very well overall indeed.

My first stay at the property during the grand opening had a number of problems initially.
But the product and efforts of the hotel spoke for itself
Which was still excellent in comparison to anything else in the fine city of Chicago
The Park Hyatt typically rates within the top 5 in the city

The Park Hyatt Chicago has set excellent brand standards in service and product and is recognized as such outside the FT community on other public forums(ranking number 1 in the city of Chicago on Trip Advisor) and leading travel publications like Conde Nast by business travelers.

If I can find any serious criticism about the Park Hyatt Chicago it would be the price can seem out of line at times with what the product and local market by comparison.
While the Park Hyatt Chicago remains an excellent choice it is certainly not the only choice in town.But I am happy to be a guest there anytime
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 17, 2005 at 8:38 pm