FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2000-2019]
Old Feb 5, 2001, 7:56 pm
pjs

Volunteer/Did I Get Good Compensation?

Last Friday afternoon, I was booked on a flight from ATL to PBI. We were offered $450 and a confirmed seat on a flight 4 hours later. I figured $450 could be a free ticket to Europe or possibly 2 tix within the US. To my surprise, they actually used my seat. Then I tried to stand-by on the next flight 2 hours later. Despite being overbooked by 40 people, changing the equipment from a 764 to a 763, and having the s/b list closed at 50 or so names, I somehow got an aisle seat on this flight, 30 rows closer to the front than my original seat on the earlier flight. Just for the record, I am a former SM and just starting to fly Delta again regularly due to business in ATL. Should I have asked for some upgrades as well, or be happy with what I got? Also, do volunteers from earlier flights get some sort of priority on stand-by lists? If so, that would influence my decisions to volunteer in the future.