FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The New SAS
Thread: The New SAS
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2005, 12:08 am
SusanDK

Originally Posted by miikka
I have been thinking about giving up the whole FF thing. Just using PriorityPass for lounges and then choosing the products, which would deliver the best available experience with the fare I am willing to pay.
The problem with that is with all the extra security in U.S. airports these days, it can often be impossible to reach the Priority Pass lounge if your flight isn't departing from the same concourse.

I had this problem in EWR, for example, where I could see the entrance to the PP lounge that I was authorized to use, but couldn't get past security because my BP was for a gate down another concourse. Frustrating when I had at least three hours to wait.

I have had good PP experiences, however, where the PP lounge has been a life saver. Best to check the directory for the cities you fly through most often and see which lounges are on the list.

If you are considering that option anyway, you may also want to look at AmEx Platinum which gives you access to DL, CO and NWA lounges when travelling on those airlines. A combination of AmEx Platinum and Priority Pass might cover you fairly well, depending on your travel patterns, if it is mainly lounge access you are seeking.

Susan