FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:47 am
OU812

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Okay hotel. Cable Cars stop right in front of the hotel. Rooms are on the small side though. This hotel does not recognize Platinums and does not offer any sort of upgrades for Platinums. New beds/linens were only available in the "Deluxe Rooms" (At least that was the case back in September when I was there) and I was told I would have to pay $50 more per night to upgrade to one of these rooms even though I am a Platinum. When I questioned this, (how come I can pay for an upgrade, but can't receive a upgrade to "Best Available" room as a Platinum) I was told, "We don't have any Deluxe rooms available for upgrade. But if you want to be $239 instead of the $189 rate on your reservation we can put you in a larger room with the upgraded bed and linens." I declined and was given a small interior room on the 3rd floor. Discussions with a Front Desk Manager the next morning questioning the above yielded the following response: "We only make a certain number of our Deluxe rooms available for Platinum upgrades. Once those rooms are gone, we can not upgrade you, but we may still have "Deluxe" or better rooms available in our inventory that we can book you into only if you are willing to pay the change in rate."
Mediocre breakfast offerings in restaruant consisting of cereals and stale croissants and muffins. Won't stay there again.

RIP...

Last edited by OU812; Dec 12, 2005 at 10:53 am